The purpose of the Nordic Academy of Management (Nordiska Företagsekonomiska Föreningen, NFF) is to advance research, education and practice in the field of management in the Nordic countries: Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden.
NFF implements this purpose by:
- Fostering competence development and quality enhancement in management research, education and practice in the Nordic countries.
- Supporting Nordic co-operation in doctoral education.
- Fostering research on special characteristics of Nordic management.
- Facilitating the exchange of management researchers, lecturers and doctoral students between the Nordic countries.
- Encouraging the international dissemination of Nordic management research.
- Facilitating the arranging of Nordic conferences and workshops in the field of management.
- Representing NFF’s members in relevant international organizations.
Central to NFF’s mission is to stimulate Nordic management research and idea exchange. Key means are the biannual NFF conference that circulates among the Nordic countries, and the NFF Doctoral Initiative that enables doctoral students and faculty to come together in pan-Nordic doctoral courses and workshops. NFF offers financial support to member institutions wishing to offer doctoral courses within the Initiative. For more information, please see here or contact the NFF chair or secretary.